Wednesday 1 October 2014

Playing - A Non-Gamer Girl's View

PS4 (Rayman)

So I was over my boyfriend's house, and I thought it would have been a good opportunity to tryout Sony's newest console, the PlayStation 4 (PS4). The gaming device that I predominately use is the Nintendo 2DS with games such as Animal Crossing: New LeafBravely Default: Flying Fairy and Pokemon XY, so you could say I am not a avid 'gamer'.

As not bring a 'gamer' myself, I thought it would have been better for me to not play games such as Tomb Raider or Watch Dogs, and lean into something that is more child-friendly game, in which I chose to play Rayman : Legends.

First I had to get use to the controller and its functions with the game. Rayman: Legends is quite an odd game, and there are some features in which I am not familiar with, such as needing to use four fingers for the 'R1', 'R2', 'L1' and 'L2' buttons which are needed in most of the stages of the game. Also, the buttons which are similar to that of the Nintendo, which I thought would be easier for me to use but it took me many tries to be able to familiarize myself with which button does what action.
Image Taken from: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/613056-say-hello-nintendo-2ds.html
Image taken from: http://console.maban.co.uk/device/ps4/

My first trial of Rayman, we decided to play two-player, although with my boyfriend whom already knew all the ropes of the game, it was quite difficult not 'dying' multiple times due to his negligence and always running head first into obstacles and 'monsters'. I found it easier to play solo, as my playing style was more cautious than that of his, but with two players, if one died, the other was able to 'resurrect' the other, this was obviously an advantage which cannot be used if played solo.


Image Taken from : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-rayman-legends-is-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-in-february

-Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment